World renown session ace, Michael Landau has played on hundreds of albums since the early 1980’s with artists as varied as Joni Mitchell, Seal, Michael Jackson, James Taylor, B.B. King, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis just to name a few. He has also fronted several bands including The Raging Honkies and Burning Water and even more recently, Renegade Creation with Robben Ford. He uses many guitars, this Fender Michael Landau 63 is included.
Based on Michael’s 1963 Stratocaster, the new Fender Michael Landau 63 comes in a Fiesta Red over 3-Color Sunburst and features a unique neck shape, custom pickups and a customized tremolo bridge.
Features of the Fender Michael Landau 63:
- Handselected Lightweight Alder body
- Maple neck w/ Custom Oval “C” neck shape
- Dark Rosewood fingerboard
- Dot inlays
- 21 Dunlop 6105 frets
- 3x Fender Custom Handwound Stratocaster Singlecoil
- Controls: Master Volume, 2x Tone, 5-way lever switch
- Scale: 648 mm (25,5″)
- Width at nut: 42 mm (1,650″)
- Fingerboard radius: 184,1 mm (7,25″)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized tremolo
- Vintage-style tuners
- 3-ply Mint Green pickguard
- Fender Custom Shop case, certificate and strap included
Michael Landau’s has been privileged to play on hundreds of recordings dating back to the early 1980s. Playing with many gorgeous guitars, he was able to create quite a name for himself. Michael has continued to raise the bar in electric Fender Michael Landau 63 guitar.